Saturday, September 15, 2007

Podcasts

I started listening to podcasts a few years ago, mostly nerdy ones, about tech things and mac computer news. I found that I really liked them and as time went by I kept finding so many more interesting ones to listen to. In fact, I was inspired to pick up knitting again by a podcast. I had searched for knitting podcasts on iTunes and found one named Cast-on by Brenda Dayne. Brenda has a great voice, which is what hooked me immediately. She mixes fantastic storytelling with music. She's funny and really has a way with words. She also has written some patterns that I adore. The wrist warmers pictured at the top of this very blog were designed by her. The pattern is Mrs. Beeton. She also designed these beautiful Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks that I knit with Wildfoote in their Columbine color way.



Go over to Cast-On and check out Brenda. I'm sure you're going to love her.

Over on the right side of my blog there are links to my other favorite knitting podcasts. If you've got an ipod, you really should go check them out. If you don't have an ipod you can still listen from their websites, in most cases.

No comments: