Monday, September 24, 2007

Finished Apple Harvest and Coriolis in progress

This weekend I started a Coriolis sock. I had seen Cat Bordhi demonstrate this sock construction on Knitty Gritty and although at first the design of the sock didn't appeal to me I became interested in trying it after so many on the sockknitters forum said how much they liked the pattern. I had picked up some Trekking Pro Natura on my vacation to San Diego that I thought would be nice for this pattern. I used some kool-aid dyed yarn for the toes and heel because I have rather large feet and I was worried that the Trekking wouldn't be enough.


I love the way these knit up and I love the colors in this yarn as well. Before I started the Coriolis, I finished the Apple Harvest Socks. They were a fast knit and perfect for the Lisa Souza Sock! yarn.



Here is the lace detail that runs up the back of the sock of the Apple Harvest Socks.

2 comments:

triconette said...

oh, they are lovely... I like your colourway much more than the brownish I used myself...

N. Maria said...

I LOVE your socks! ....and you can dye, too. Wow. I haven't attempted that, yet. I guess I'm afraid I won't stop with just yarn!
You have a lovely blog.