Friday, January 30, 2009

An awesome new yarn store in town...



(and I'm teaching sock knitting in it!)

There is finally a wonderfully charming yarn store in downtown Santa Rosa. Cast Away opened at the end of November in Railroad Square and its owner, Justine and her daughter, Cleo, have really outdone themselves. The shop is in a great location with a big city feel inside. I love the brick walls, the gorgeous lamp shades hanging from the tall ceilings, the loft for teaching and knit nights, and even live music on occasion. There are various antique chairs and couches for knitting on and hot water and loose tea for sipping on. Justine has a wonderful selection of yarn, all displayed in very creative ways. She is always moving things around, making room for all the new stock and everytime I shop there is something new to tempt me.

Cast Away has several knitting classes going at all times. Scarfs, hats, mittens, felting, and socks are just a few that I know of. I was asked if I wanted to teach and I so far have been teaching sock knitting. I absolutely love it! I so enjoy sharing with others what I have learned, as I have immersed myself in knitting, eager to learn all I can about the craft. I have educated myself with books, DVDs, podcasts and weblogs and websites on knitting. There is such a wealth of knowledge to be had! I am eager to teach some other classes, as well as socks, and I am putting together some ideas for some project classes. I hope to see some of you in the yarn store because I know you're going to love it as I do. And come have some fun and take a knitting class!

No comments: