Thursday, October 22, 2009

Knitting with cashmere...


is the best knitting I've ever had! I stitched up this "Pretty Thing" with some lovely Jade Sapphire Cashmere this week. Stephanie Pearl-McPhee designed this cowl and I've been dieing to get my hands on the pattern, which she just released after months of anticipation from her many blog readers. It's a very quick knit which doesn't use much yarn at all, and the lace pattern is very easy to knit. I think I've found my "go to" pattern for quick gift knits.





Now, I don't have a dog, but I know that those of you who do would love to have a nice cozy wool sweater to put on your puppy to keep him warm this winter, wouldn't you? I will be teaching how to knit a sweater for your dog at Cast Away on November 1st and 8th.  I knit up this green mock cable sweater for a small dog, but I've got a pattern that can be knit up in several sizes for bigger pups, too.  The Fiber Trends pattern also has 2 other stitch patterns that can be used instead of the mock cable.
Come take a class with me, your dog will love you for it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! really nice post