Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Spring Classes at Cast Away

Last December I began teaching knitting at a new LYS that opened in historic Railroad Square in Santa Rosa, Castaway. I love teaching and have had a fabulous bunch of students. I started teaching socks, which is my preferred project of choice, but I am branching out and teaching some other projects this spring.

First up is the Be Sweet Diagonal Scarf. It is a nice airy spring scarf done with large needles and fine lacy boucle yarn. Although it can be done in the yarn of your choice, my sample is actually going to be done in Noro Kureyon Sock. This photo is of Be Sweet's Mohair Boucle. The class is two Mondays, April 27th and May 4th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Cost is $40 plus cost of materials.


In May, I'll be teaching Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket. This jacket is really fun and interesting to knit, all in garter stitch with strategically placed increases and decreases for shaping. This class will be taught on Sundays, May 17th and 24th from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. This class is also $40 plus materials.

Please come join me for some knitting! Hope to see you there. Castaway is located at 111 Fourth Street in Santa Rosa. (707) 546-yarn.

No comments: